Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This hood tach came with the stash of parts I received when I purchased my 67 GTO. The car was not equipt with a hood tach but I know at one point the guy also owned a 71 GTO. I am trying to figure out what the actual application of this hood tach is. I was hoping someone here might be able to help out. The housing appears to be brand new and has a GM number cast into it. The tach itself appears used as you can see it has blue paint overspray on it and the harness has some weathering to it. Any help would be appreciated.

Michael

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have a GM parts book but it is a bit of a head scratcher when it comes to hood mounted tacometers. The GM Pontiac parts book listing has no hood tachs listed for anything before 1968 under group number 9.750 and even then it only lists parts of the tach such as the glass the fiberglass housing or wiring harness. The parts book listing for the housing is listed as 6469017 and it is listed as fitting both the GTO and the Firebird 68-70.
Could it be the hood tach for the 67 model was an RPO dealer installed option only? I have come across similar listing in the parts book like the rare map lamp option. My car has them but in the parts book the only serviceable parts of the lamp are the switch, lens and bulb.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts