Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
NurkVinny said:
Sorry if this is the wrong forum. :(

I just used my key to lockthe drivers door from the outside for the first time. Now the key will NOT come out.

Any advice is welcome. I pulled REALLY hard. It is in there good.
Have you tried WD40 or any other type of lubricant?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GOATGIRL said:
Have you tried WD40 or any other type of lubricant?
Not yet. I am at work. I just searched the owner's manual PDF hoping there was some trick, but found nothing. Key locks and unlocks just fine, but when returned to vertical position, it feels like someone on the inside of the door is holding onto it with vise grips. It's THAT solid feeling. Doesn't even feel close to coming out.

·
Registered
271 Posts
How in the Hell!!?? I have never had that happen, but one thing I can say, if your like me, "STAY CALM" dont "yank the crap out of it" I know I would be pi$$ed. Have you tried wiggling it very gently? Another thing you could try is operating like normal ie: lock, unlock, lock, unlock, etc.... See if this helps. Let us know what's up. remember "STAY CALM" :seeya:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
05_HUMBLER said:
How in the Hell!!?? I have never had that happen, but one thing I can say, if your like me, "STAY CALM" dont "yank the crap out of it" I know I would be pi$$ed. Have you tried wiggling it very gently? Another thing you could try is operating like normal ie: lock, unlock, lock, unlock, etc.... See if this helps. Let us know what's up. remember "STAY CALM" :seeya:
I am calm :) .

And I tried EVERY combination of left/right/up/down/in/out wiggle :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
05GOAT said:
Have you tried using the keyfob part of the key to see if locking and unlocking the door will release the key?

Never heard of this one.
Yep. Tried lock, unlock, even trunk :)

Had buddies jiggle the inside handle, outside handle, and inside lock switch while I was 'wiggling'.

Finally took a break. Walked back up to it, wiggled once, and it came out slicker than sh!t. Sprayed a healthy amount of WD in the lock once the key was out. Won't be trying that one again until I am in front of the dealership's door.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
585 Posts
WD 40? OMG! Wipe it off before you put it into your ignition. When it gets cold, gummy time! Then collects dust and we now have gummy time with extra wear. There must be a better way?????!!!!! Lets see Amsoil......

·
Registered
202 Posts
I guess the GTO just didnt want to let go, she had been Penetrated and wanted to remain that way until she was finished.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sorry if this seems stupid, but what the hell were you doing sticking the key in the door anyway? You've got remote keyless entry and locking right?

Don't think I've ever 'penetrated' my baby with the key. No need to

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MeanGoat said:
Sorry if this seems stupid, but what the hell were you doing sticking the key in the door anyway? You've got remote keyless entry and locking right?

Don't think I've ever 'penetrated' my baby with the key. No need to
Because I am embarassed when my horn goes, "beep, beep" infront of people. It is kind of yuppie. I wanted to lock my door quietly. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.