Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, maybe some of you 'older' members can help me out here....

I have been thinking of a long while of getting my own car, and was thinking of a classic. But then just recently got a new job, where 12.5-13 hour days are the norm (worked 12.5+ last nite actually), so I decided to reward myself with a new car. The GTO was at the top of the list. I really, really liked it when it was the Commadore, Loved it when it became the Monaro, and about lost it when I test drove it as the GTO. Now I have absolutly no credit...none, nada, zilch. As a result, no one wants to work with me or approve me. I make more then enough to make the payments (and insurance....lol), but I could bring in all the money in the world, but they still wouldn't approve me. I'm going to another dealer tomorrow to see if they want to work with me....are there any tips that anyone can give me? if I get anything else, I'd be settleing, and I don't liek to settle, lol.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hmmm... I think the dealers have been bending over backwards to get ANY body they possibly could financing. They usually work, not just with GMAC, but several lending outfits.

Being young and having no credit history is a tough deal, perhaps there's someone that would co-sign with you? Parents perhaps? Rich uncle??

---Larry

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can you put a lot down on the car? Usually you can get financing on a new car if you put enough down on it that you won't go upside down on the loan. That way if you default, the bank doesn't end up with a car that has less value than the loan balance, and they can recover their losses. Its basically a low to no risk loan for the bank. Interest rates will still be fairly high, but you would be building credit too for future purchases.

Either that, or get a credit card right now. Buy a couple things each month and pay it off for a few months to get some credit history started. Don't spend a lot, but be consistent and make sure you send a payment each month. Just a little bit of this is enough to build some credit history that will make it easier to get approved for a loan. Best of luck!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AS this very moment I can't put a whole lot down (how much is a whole lot anyhow?), as I only get paid bi-weekly. But next Friday I'll have enough so that the decent downpaymetn would help me out.

I have been considering getting a credit card at a retailer to help build me up some credit.

I'm hoping Saturday will be a lucrative day for me...

·
Registered
49 Posts
dont be in a hurry to buy the car when the 2005 has the hood scoops and the ram air so you can either save your money for the 05 and put like 5000 down on it maybe 6000 and have a small credit card to pay off in the mean time or try to put 5000 on the goat now which they are giving away and hope they say yes

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm gonna try to get a credit card or seomthing so at least I can get some credit going...

I'm not really in love with the '05s like I am with the '04s. I'm not the type of person who just gets a vehicle and am satisfied with it in stock form, I don't care what that vehicle is. You should see my Ranger or the '66 Ranchero hot-rod project I've got going on...lol. But, I could change the '05s to something more of my liking.

OK, few more questions:
When are the '05s coming out?

And why can't my dealers be giving Goats away...they won't budge on teh price..at least the one I was working with. They were firm steady on the sticker...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tiger,
You might want to check with Eddie Wiggins Ponitiac in Warner Robins Ga. 478-929-0222. Craig Caudill is the internet manager. He offered me one last week for $26,300.
Good Luck,
HOT GOAT

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good lookin out, I'll have to give them a call the Friday when i've got some free time. ALthough I'm seriously thinking of just saving up and plunking down a large sum of money on an '05...haven't really decided yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts