Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm obviously a noob, but I'm glad I found this site.

I have a couple questions to pop my noob cherry:

I would like to buy a new Goat in the near future, but I need help deciding which year to get. I know something similar to this has been asked before, but is the difference in ponnies between the two years in terms of "seat of the pants" feel enough to justify going with the '05? Also, is there a big difference in sound? I love the sound of a powerful V8. If there is a big "seat of the pants" difference and a better sound with the LS2, then I'll go with the '05. But if not, I'll save a few grand and find a '04.

How many of you in the Detroit area drive their Goats in the winter? I'm new to the area (moved here from the U.P. of Michigan). Do they handle ok in the snow? I'm planning on selling my F-150, it's just not practical down in Detroit and it doesn't look like I'll need the 4x4 down here near Motown.

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
I went to buy an 04 when the dealer shot me a great price. When I drove the car I loved it and told the dealer that. His response was "If you like that you should drive the 05". So I did... and drove an 05 home. Not as great a deal but I thought the car was much better (for me). The power was noticeably greater and I thought it sounded much nicer. The 04 was great but the 05 is even greater. As for looks... I still like the cleaner looks of the 04 over the 05. To each his own. You can save a ton of money getting an 04, toss in some power upgrades, and have a very stealthy car that kicks butt. Your choice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.