Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im building a 65 gto and iv got a 455 putting out about 550-600hp. iv also got a 389 putting out 400 hp. im trying to figure out what to put in the rear end and what tranny to use i realy want a manuel. I will drive it on the street and drag race it. Any info is greatly apreciated.

i know there are 10 bolt GM'S and 12 bolt GM'S
also conciderd other things like fords etc. INFO WILL BE APRECIATED

we have a stock rear end and a munsie 4 speed either light or heavy duty not ROCK CRUSHER

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can post picks but the car is a real project.
no glass
no interior
not wired up, and rolling around on 2 rally wheels and two rally 2's i think
the 455 is finished 12.5-1 C.R. port n polished balnced and blueprinted shot peened and polished rods. lunatic cam and the valve train to go with it.
Estimated at 550 plus on race gas.

hey guys help me identify my disk brake swap.
i have a set of disks with arms etc that bolt up to my 65 GTO, only problem is i dont know what they came off of anyone know where i can see a list of disc brake casting info. OH AND YES I HAVE SEARCHED.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've never restored a car, but what are the odds of putting in a modern six speed with over drive gears?

In a few articles I've read, they often suggest using a Ford 9 inch because it has a drop in third member for easy gear changes. That's all the info I can offer. Go with the 455 for sure. That'll be sweet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just put a 9" in my 67 with 4.11 gears. I took a chance with a company I found on Ebay called Quick Performance Racing but I couldn't be happier with my setup. My adjustable control arms came from UMI performance. This combo is a good bit less expensive than the Moser I put in my Camaro a couple years ago but is holding up to my abuse just fine.

http://stores.ebay.com/Quick-Performance-Racing
http://www.umiperformance.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts