Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday I had a slight accident and busted my radiator. No sheet metal was damaged on my car. My repair shop has checked via an on-line locator with the largest Pontiac dealer in Alabama. Apparantly, there is not a single Pontiac dealer in the USA with a radiator in stock.

Does anyone have a way to help me get one. My car is just taking up space untill I find one. My email is [email protected]

Thank you!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I was just thinking about parts shortage coming to work, wondering if anyone's wrecked their car yet. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

My brake pedal has a small chunk out of it, noticed on delivery. I wonder how long to get that part ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was rear-ended a couple of weeks ago (M6). Significant damage (est $12k). My body shop has no problem getting parts. The parts include both quarters, trunk lid, bumper, etc. I, on the other hand, am going nuts. I had the car two weeks. Its been at the body shop longer than I've been driving it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I called Pontiac in Michigan...

They offered no help what so ever. Some parts are available but the radiator is a rare item at the moment. I need one pulled off the line in Austraila. The one on e-bay is not good enough to put on a car with 1900 miles. My current radiator is as good as the one on ebay.

I have never had this kind of trouble getting parts. I hit a trailer hitch, and ball on the back of a pickup. It was a five MPH. accident. It put a hole right through my grille and busted my radiator and one headlight. Total cost to repair (not a scratch on the sheet metal or the truck) $2990.00. I am sucking it up and not turning this one in to the insurance company.

Maybe something will break loose from that great GM warehouse in the sky and I will hear something today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts