Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Had the car in the shop for about a month now getting the sound system upgraded. After waiting all this time, its finally gonna be ready tomorrow....only hitch is that the trunk for some reason does not stay shut and lock! You lower the trunk, and it doesn't latch for some reason....

I can't figure out why the hell this is happening (and now of all times!). This is becoming an issue now because there is A LOT of valuable hardware available to anyone who cares to lift a finger....literally.

These guys have tried a bit to fix it, and I'm not sure if they're gonna be able to pull it off. I suggested bringing the car to a Pontiac dealer, but that might not be feasible at the moment....

Any ideas what this could be?? Got any possible "band aid" solutions to limp through this situation....?

It's been one headache after another with this car as far as this sound system is concerned....it's stunning to look at, but at this rate I wonder if I'll get to breathe easy again!

Thanks guys for the help :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
On my 69 I had a hard time getting my hood to stay closed a while ago. So I took the whole piece out, since it was brand new from OPG, and looked and looked at the thing. Finally after a hour or so of playin with it, I realized that since the metal was new and wasnt really worn at all, it got stuck. I greased it up and it closes fine now. Try greasin the thing. Hopefully it is just that simple.

If not, you can always do the zip tie thing, and cut it every time you need to get in. (Last Resort):rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I HAD the same trouble with my SRM Goat... Easy fix!

Just adjust the two corners adjustment screws as explained above and check to see that the metal catch is aligned properly. Many of them can come loose and be difficult to shut the trunk. It took me less than five minutes to fix this little problem. Good luck to you on this!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts