Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to beef up the Goat a little, but I don't want to void my warranty, and I don't want to hurt my gas mileage at all. It already sucks and I don't want to make it worse.

Do the K&N Air Intakes hurt gas mileage? I know the guys in my Vette club w/ C5's get about 10-15 HP out of these. What about beefed up MAFs, or the throddle bodies?

What about the computer programmers you see on HP TV a lot?

Any others? I know a lot of times these mods can even improve gas mileage, and give you more HP.

Thanks, T

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, pretty much any mod you do that increases power is going to decrease gas mileage.

KN Air filter, maybe even a new intake system? Not sure if they make 'em for Goats yet. I'd look at Blackwing air intakes.

An exhaust system

Your gas mileage may just be due to the way you drive. Try shifting earlier, skipping gears, etc. I went from an average of 13mpg to 20 in my '94 Vette when I changed my driving style.

G

·
Welcome, Vader. Most modifications will void your warranty. You may do cold air intake and perhaps cat back exhaust without affecting your warranty and thats about it.

GM service manager offered me to do LS6 heads, cam, flowmeter, CAI, thermostat, Corsa exhaust and some other minor adjustments under warranty aiming at some 30 hp gain. That is a several thousand dollars mod. I will get and AED ram air and rearward ventilation and BMR lower plate to shed some weight. Improving MPG? Forget it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.