Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would like to say Hi to everyone I just picked up a red 2006 6 speed GTO last night. I was driving a GTP for the past year and decided it was time to step up. Ok, now on to my question. I started hearing a squeek, squeek, squeek when driving but mainly just when in gear. I can be going down the road and put it in neutral and coast and it will stop, but once I put back in gear it will start squeeking again. Any idea what it could be? any help would be appreciated.

Nick

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
:confused You might have to take a look under the car. Your driveshaft could be rubbing something. Or your exhaust came loose somewere.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride.:cheers

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
A speed related squeak(sound gets faster as the speed of the car increases) under acceleration (either forward or backwards) could be a U-joint going bad.
Thats true, I just read his quote again and it stops when he is coasting and out of gear. The driveshaft is still spinning without a load from the engine. Could be something in the bellhousing, clutch, throw out bearing; but these are small chances. I would take it to the dealer to see whats up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright I started it up this morning and it squeeks during idle as well. So im thinking it just may be a belt since the car sat on the lot for like two months.
Nick

·
Registered
5 Posts
coming from the front or back of the engine? the pinion bearings could be the culprit but seeing as how the car is this new i kinda doubt it, but if it is from the back try the sway bar end links, those tend to squeek alot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts