Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking for help with power driver seat. My 67 GTO currently has power driver's seat that move forward and back only. I have become disabled and need to have better movement. I don't want to change the seat. Does anyone have any ideas on how to transplant a modern power seat assembly into a 67 seat?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hello

Scott here
sorry to hear about the seat issues .... its a good sign that at least it works...
I would be happy to repair it for you if you would like
or
I would be happy to help over the phone ... get it pulled out b4 it does not move at all ...
then it can be real hard to get to the rear hardware...

I have some extra parts too ....

its probably not the switch ... probably the transmission there is solenoids in there that jamb up ,,, wont kick over to drive the other cable ....

or

do you hear it spinning as you move the switch to the non working positions ?? or just quiet ?

some times the drive comes loose on the track .and you can hear it buzzin.. any way .... all repairs need done with the seat out ...and the track off ....

be super duper carefull removing the plastic pins that hold the lower plastic surrounds on ... they are rarer than seat tracks...I a use a chunk of an old bondo spreader
with a groove cut in it to slip behind the push pins to pull them out... it wont scratch your plastic surrounds like metal would ... NO screw drivers ...
an old orange peeler with a groove cut in it ,, or just needle nose and squissh em and buy new ones ... same as weather stripping on the doors and their push pins...

feel free to call .... I am not an expert in these but I do own 5 power seat tracks and have repaired several others thru the years...

2o6 465 9165

Scott

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply and offer for help, wish you lived closer but you live on west coast and I live neär Pittsburgh. I talked with a local welder and we are going to make custom brackets with seat extentions. The seat does move forward and back but not up and down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts