Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Classic GTO gurus Please advise
I have a 1968 GTO with stroker motor and Holley Sniper kit.
I will be putting Ridetech suspension kit with 4 wheel Willwood disk brakes
I want to rims and tires without extra body work
What size 17 or 18 inch rims and tires would fit without problems?
How much will it affect the original speedometer from a LeMans?

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Classic GTO gurus Please advise
I have a 1968 GTO with stroker motor and Holley Sniper kit.
I will be putting Ridetech suspension kit with 4 wheel Willwood disk brakes
I want to rims and tires without extra body work
What size 17 or 18 inch rims and tires would fit without problems?
How much will it affect the original speedometer from a LeMans?
The Chevelle is similar in body type and sometimes checking the Chevelle sites you can get an answer. Actually, most A-body types will be similar 1968-1972.

The best way of course is to do some measuring. Just click on my links below.

Here is a neat tool that would make it easy. May be able to make your own by looking at this one.

The speedo may be affected depending on tire height. If it is the same, you are good. If it is different, then there are online calculators that will tell you what the speedo readout will be and then you want to find a transmission speedometer gear that you can use to replace the one now in it.

Check out this Chevelle site. It mentions 17" rims/tires and a few pics. Might help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Chevelle is similar in body type and sometimes checking the Chevelle sites you can get an answer. Actually, most A-body types will be similar 1968-1972.

The best way of course is to do some measuring. Just click on my links below.

Here is a neat tool that would make it easy. May be able to make your own by looking at this one.

The speedo may be affected depending on tire height. If it is the same, you are good. If it is different, then there are online calculators that will tell you what the speedo readout will be and then you want to find a transmission speedometer gear that you can use to replace the one now in it.

Check out this Chevelle site. It mentions 17" rims/tires and a few pics. Might help.

Thanks-very helpful!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts