Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 17 years old and just recieved a GTO on October 8th, i still have my first car which is a 1996 mustang v6. I love drag racing and have beat almost every car in my high school with it. all that is left for me to beat is a 92 stealth twin turbo, and a typhoon. too make a long story short i want to know what's the best way to get my car to run a 12.8? which mods are the most effective etc. thanks alot. p.s. i am going to win high school nationals this year. i dont know if any of you are my age, if you are and you plan to be there in april, let me know... thanks for all your help everyone! geoff

·
Registered
590 Posts
Geoff said:
I am 17 years old and just recieved a GTO on October 8th, i still have my first car which is a 1996 mustang v6. I love drag racing and have beat almost every car in my high school with it. all that is left for me to beat is a 92 stealth twin turbo, and a typhoon. too make a long story short i want to know what's the best way to get my car to run a 12.8? which mods are the most effective etc. thanks alot. p.s. i am going to win high school nationals this year. i dont know if any of you are my age, if you are and you plan to be there in april, let me know... thanks for all your help everyone! geoff
I would hope you keep it on the track :cool

some sticky micky's will help as i'm sure you know by now you can't get hooked well.

you gotta get more air in and more air out; see related thread for air induction. new exhaust system picks up 18 rwhp; see related thread.

at your age and your in a GTO; then money's no object.

forced air induction; see related thread

don't reccommend nitrous oxide (Not nawzzzzz) for unsleeved LS1. I've seen hoods blown off cars going over 75 hp bumps

post a slip

·
Registered
109 Posts
Buy a set of M/T ET streets and put on your favorite "NO FEAR" t-shirt. Just wind her up and let her rip!!!!
The tires will give you the repeatability you need for bracket racing anyhow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts