Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have and 05 gto and sometimes when i start my car it will rev to 1500 and then just die. it doesnt happen that often but its got me wonderin whats up with it. my key fob batt has been dying could that be it?

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Not your key. If your key had issues it wouldn't work at all.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Iac motor might be getting sticky and need cleaned maybe.
I thought the computer controlled the thottle body blade for idle.
The fuel pump might be getting ready to die. I had the same thing happen in my cavalier. Sometimes i would go to start it and it would start and then die. And it would start and run the second or third time i would try it. It did this a handfull of times before i realized it was the fuel pump. What i did was turned the key on and made sure i heard the fuel pump prime before i started the car and sure enough one time i turned the key on and heard nothing and the car started for like 1 second and died. So listen for the fuel pump to prime before you start it so maybe you could rule it out if it primes and still dies.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya that fuel pump definatly makes sense. ill will be sure to listen for it thanks a bunch. and no it is not completely stock i have a aem ca cat back straight pipe jba shorty headers diablo slp tune and jba spark wires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts