Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My fiancee is already complaining about the GTO not having a sunroof. I am sure that once I get my hands on an '05, she'll nag about it having 2 doors and being too loud. :rolleyes: I am not even going to mention how she complains about me driving too fast now i.e., with the flow of traffic (70-80 mph). This would just about sum up her reaction during an excuberant little 120 mph blast in a GTO: :willy:

·
Registered
165 Posts
You are not alone. My Wife loves the car, just not the way I drive it. I keep telling her I'm going to trade her in on a couple of 20 year olds. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
thats funny.. my BF complains about the way i drive my GTO and he also says that it needs a sunroof or t-tops like in my firebird. but now he gets on me about the whole accident thing. oh well he'll just have to get over it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Phoenix said:
Might be time to trade her in for a newer model! :lol: Just kidding.
:cheers

j/k

·
Registered
161 Posts
Totally opposite for me. My wife is always trying to race with me. I can't be anywhere near her on the streets or we'll have to go for it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ditto that, my husband has a duramax and drove my GTO once...He brought it home from the shop, handed me the keys and told me I was going to get in lots of trouble with this car... :eek:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm.....chicks drive GTO's too. :willy:

·
Registered
47 Posts
SpunkyRacer said:
yes we do. :D
Is that damage I see in your sig?? Scary!

Mike

·
Registered
71 Posts
yes that's a pic of the emblem on the trunk... i got rear ended by a trash truck 8 weeks ago as of tmm. and i won't have her back until maybe the end of this month.the car held up exceptionally well for what happened. :( i miss her.. i only had her for 11 days. it sinks but thats what i got dealt, at least I can beat on the rental.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The GTO does hold up well in rear end accidents, although replacement/collision parts are difficult to come by. My GTO was rear-ended on Oct 17 and I'm still waiting to get it back. Total damage was around 15k.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow.. My damage bill is only about 6k so far. And the parts are ridiculous to find I waited about 7 weeks. even then the parts that came in were not in good shape, so they had to be sent back many times. :willy: What happened in your accident WJentsch?

·
Registered
25 Posts
On the NJ Turnpike in stop and go traffic and the dolt behind me got the stop and go mixed up. I was stopped, and he slammed me in the rear. He must have been going 40-45. Amazingly enough, event though the impact was hard enough that my glove box fell to the ground and the driver seat back collapsed almost all the way down, there were no injuries.

The biggest bottle neck at the body shop was waiting for replacement parts for the rear sheet metal (qtrs, truck floor, etc.). GM shipped the entire rear clip, a 600 lb part. The shop finally got that, but are still waiting for some trim panels. The body shop manager jokingly told me to never bring the car back, unless GM floods the supply lines with collision parts.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i'm sorry to hear about the accident but i am gald no one got hurt. i hope that they get it done in time before the snow comes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts