Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally decided to go and really talk to a dealer about a new GTO. I can't resist it anymore. The car is just so subdued yet sexy at the same time. Plus, I should be able to snag a pretty sweet deal since I've bought 6 cars (and referred 2 others) from this dealership since 1996. They have definately made their share of cash off me. ;)

Here's what I want...Impulse Blue with blue interior and 6spd. I haven't had a manual for almost 10 years and with the LS1, I personally think that auto would be waste, especially since it will be a daily commuter and the additional mileage will help with at the ga$ $tation.

Here's hoping the wife won't kill me if I decide to sign the paperwork :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
My father-in-law once told me "Hey it's just money, you can't take it with you." Though he is absolutely correct, he is also 65, not 22 and has established quite a nest to lay in. Point of the story, good luck and trust me, it will be a choice you will not regret. I think everyone can agree with me when I say it's a car you love more and more with every passing day.

·
Registered
267 Posts
you should be able to get one for approx 25,000 +tax, title, tags. and you wont be dissapointed i like this car more every time i drive it . good luck!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
flht3 said:
you should be able to get one for approx 25,000 +tax, title, tags. and you wont be dissapointed i like this car more every time i drive it . good luck!!
I was thinking the same thing. That and the low interest incentive is the reason why I decided to go see what I can do. My only real desire is to decrease my payments which shouldn't be too hard with the lowball price I should end up with :cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
bomber76 said:
I was thinking the same thing. That and the low interest incentive is the reason why I decided to go see what I can do. My only real desire is to decrease my payments which shouldn't be too hard with the lowball price I should end up with :cheers
hey go to e bay they have a new red 6 sp for 24,100 buy it now price!!!!! :party

·
Registered
410 Posts
He who hesitates is lost - I say that because I just bought mine last week even though I was planning to wait it out til after the 1st of the year. After using the web to search dealer lots for the GTO I was looking for, I noticed a tread - plenty of automatics left but 6-speed manuals were getting scarce - less than 1 in 10. Then I noticed lots of Black and Silver ones around, also some of the Pulse Reds (last 500 '04s built) but few blues - the color I wanted. None in my local area with a 6-speed. Two in the next city over but they would not deal. Then I found one that had not been driven about 50 miles away and decided I better buy it before someone else did.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey Bomber, I just drove thru George White's lot this morning. THey have a Pulse Red 6-speed there must've just picked it up. It's the "special edition," and as mentioned before it's one of the last 500 '04 goats made. The color definitely caught my eye, it's kind of neat actually.

I have no doubts that the guys at George White will be ready to sell one to you right now though, there are three sitting on the lot that I saw. At one point this month there were four!

Good luck!

-Brian F.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Xman -
He who hesitates is lost - I say that because I just bought mine last week even though I was planning to wait it out til after the 1st of the year. After using the web to search dealer lots for the GTO I was looking for, I noticed a tread - plenty of automatics left but 6-speed manuals were getting scarce - less than 1 in 10. Then I noticed lots of Black and Silver ones around, also some of the Pulse Reds (last 500 '04s built) but few blues - the color I wanted. None in my local area with a 6-speed. Two in the next city over but they would not deal. Then I found one that had not been driven about 50 miles away and decided I better buy it before someone else did.
Yeah. I found one in Kansas City that I may be able to get from the dealer locally in trade. They've looked nationally for cars for me before.

Whiteshadow -
Hey Bomber, I just drove thru George White's lot this morning. THey have a Pulse Red 6-speed there must've just picked it up. It's the "special edition," and as mentioned before it's one of the last 500 '04 goats made. The color definitely caught my eye, it's kind of neat actually.

I have no doubts that the guys at George White will be ready to sell one to you right now though, there are three sitting on the lot that I saw. At one point this month there were four!

Good luck!

-Brian F.
Yeah I saw the same. it does look very nice in Pulse Red. The only problem I personally have with red is that you lose the "stealthyness" associated with the GTO by going with such a ticketable color, and I like to drive fast on my commute. ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well went to the dealer tonight and it looks promising. Unfortunately I have a leased car :shutme that they have ot figure out what they can do because another dealer lied to me. I'll know more tomorrow. Cross all your for me.

Whiteshadow - you're right, the pulse red is dead sexy. My wife isn't to keen on red cars, but I might be able to talk her into the Pulse Red

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sadly, I was able to get out my lease with minimal penalties, but the car payment was just a tad bit more than I want to pay. I want less than I'm currently paying which wasn't quite as easy as I thought.

When the lease pull ahead program reaches my lease expire, I'll be jumping on one for sure.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I wouldn't be too upset yet... I'm guessing they'll have a couple GTO's for a while still. I know the red auto has been there since spring!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whiteshadow said:
I wouldn't be too upset yet... I'm guessing they'll have a couple GTO's for a while still. I know the red auto has been there since spring!
They don't have any autos left from what I understand. They finally realized everyone wants manual with their LS1. The lease pull ahead is approaching my expire date (may 6-12 from now) and I'll get an '05 for $25 since hte '06's will be out in May. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay...the new $5500 off adds 2k off to the original discount. Going to see what the dealer can do now. I think I have the wife talked into it. Heading to the dealer tomorrow. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOOT! It is a done deal. I am now the proud owner of my new kid. A Pulse Red 04! :cheers

Got $6500 rebate AND 0% financing. Cannot go wrong there!

:party :party :party :party :party

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tom said:
so what was the bottom line price with the warranty before tax and before trade?
After eating my lease (3500) :( adding the warranty (1500) and the car, I walked for just a tad under 29k. Not bad all things considered. The lease is what killed it. Damn GM for making the incentives too good to pass up. ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
bomber76 said:
After eating my lease (3500) :( adding the warranty (1500) and the car, I walked for just a tad under 29k. Not bad all things considered. The lease is what killed it. Damn GM for making the incentives too good to pass up. ;)
we had 2000 roll-over into the goat from a grand am, there was only 3000 in rebates, but they also sold us the car for less than what gm employees have to pay.....not too shabby if i do say so my self

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My Pull me over...err...Pulse Red. :) It's a beautiful car. These were taken as it was getting dark, so the digicam is a little blurry.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts