Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Larry that would be tons of fun. If your gonna go racing let me know (Road Racing or Drag Racing). I'm not really set up for drifting... all though it would be alot of fun.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just started "dreaming" about taking a hi-perf class, Bob Bondurant was the first that came to mind. As I looked thru the courses, I said to myself - "Hey, that car looks familiar!"

I'd absolutely love to take the 3 day hi-perf class... maybe I can convince the wife that a winter vacation in Arizone would be great... :D

---Larry

·
Registered
212 Posts
Larry-

You might consider going to the Skip Barber schools held at Road America (Elkhart Lake, Wis.) It's a little closer to home for you, and I as well. I hope to attend a 3-day racing school this year, but if nothing else I'll for sure do the 1-day combo event. Driving a Viper doesn't sound like THAT bad of an idea, eh? ;)

Check it out here: www.skipbarber.com

·
Registered
70 Posts
Larry,
I saw this in the new issue of SUPER CHEVY. I lived in Tempe, Arizona before temporarily relocating to Las Vegas. I heard that this driving class is a blast from various friends!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whiteshadow - The prices are lower, but I didn't see Elkhart scheduled for any classes for the rest of the year. They probably shut down there after labor day since the weather is so variable.

I could see spending $925 for the car control clinic tho...

On the other hand, I do like that Bondurant lets you run your own car...

Guess I will have to start saving my pennies, collecting bottles, etc. :eek:

---Larry

·
Registered
109 Posts
Larry, you could sell a kidney and go maybee two or three times.
Once you recover of course. ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I was such a good little guy in my youth... er... ummm... but I think I'd have to pay THEM to take my kidney.

'Course now that you mention it, maybe I can start up one of those kidney abduction schemes just like the urban legend. ya, that's the ticket! So where in Gurney do you hang out Brian? ;)

---Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts