Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just started "dreaming" about taking a hi-perf class, Bob Bondurant was the first that came to mind. As I looked thru the courses, I said to myself - "Hey, that car looks familiar!"

I'd absolutely love to take the 3 day hi-perf class... maybe I can convince the wife that a winter vacation in Arizone would be great... :D

---Larry

·
Registered
212 Posts
Larry-

You might consider going to the Skip Barber schools held at Road America (Elkhart Lake, Wis.) It's a little closer to home for you, and I as well. I hope to attend a 3-day racing school this year, but if nothing else I'll for sure do the 1-day combo event. Driving a Viper doesn't sound like THAT bad of an idea, eh? ;)

Check it out here: www.skipbarber.com

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whiteshadow - The prices are lower, but I didn't see Elkhart scheduled for any classes for the rest of the year. They probably shut down there after labor day since the weather is so variable.

I could see spending $925 for the car control clinic tho...

On the other hand, I do like that Bondurant lets you run your own car...

Guess I will have to start saving my pennies, collecting bottles, etc. :eek:

---Larry

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I was such a good little guy in my youth... er... ummm... but I think I'd have to pay THEM to take my kidney.

'Course now that you mention it, maybe I can start up one of those kidney abduction schemes just like the urban legend. ya, that's the ticket! So where in Gurney do you hang out Brian? ;)

---Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.