Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
There is a similarity I'll grant you that (they both have that '90s Euro smooth coupe "chasing the 3 series" thing going) but I wouldn't go as far as saying that they're twins. To my eyes there's something about the Goat that still speaks muscle . . . not a hint of it in the Volvo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, don't worry -- I'm not implying that they're twins under the skin! It's just that the overall body proportions, roofline, and especially the window behind the B-pillar look very similar to me. But no one could mistake that V8 growl for the, uhhh, :confused whatever you call the sound a turbo five-cylinder makes.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sylvia Holden said:
Does anyone else here think the C70 and the GTO are twins separated at birth? Know of any other twins out there?
GTO:

Volvo C70 Coupe:

Hey you better look ahead as to not rearend someone.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Trace the lineage, Volvo didnt design or build the C70. It was done by an outside firm whose name I forget, like when Pininfarina designed cars in the 70s, or like what Puch did for BMW with the X3.

I read in business week that the now ford 500 is the volvo S80! There is a lot of safety in that platform. If most of it made it to the 500, the 500 is a super deal.

I thought the GTO and Catera were twins separated at birth. Like Cinderella.
Only it was GM that kept Cinderella in the closet for seven years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.