Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have hidden gauges that include water temp digital tach, volts, serial# and even trouble codes on the display. Hold down BOTH the mode and set button then turn the key on. First up is the serial# and version. Keep pressing mode to run through about 10 different info. If you press set it goes back to normal display. last one is trouble codes then a test mode. Nice to have a water temp display, but they could have put this in the owners manual!! Hope I'm not ignorant and the last to know, but thought I'd pass it along....

·
Registered
143 Posts
the UPS guy said:
We have hidden gauges that include water temp digital tach, volts, serial# and even trouble codes on the display. Hold down BOTH the mode and set button then turn the key on. First up is the serial# and version. Keep pressing mode to run through about 10 different info. If you press set it goes back to normal display. last one is trouble codes then a test mode. Nice to have a water temp display, but they could have put this in the owners manual!! Hope I'm not ignorant and the last to know, but thought I'd pass it along....
Is there a way to leave those hidden gauges on display all the time? And do you know how I can set the existing displays differently? Id like to have the instant mileage and digital speedo at the same time.

·
Registered
307 Posts
vmax said:
Is there a way to leave those hidden gauges on display all the time? And do you know how I can set the existing displays differently? Id like to have the instant mileage and digital speedo at the same time.
I don't know of any way to do this.

I'd like to see coolant temp on the left side and oil pressure on the right side when the "big" speedo reading is in the middle - the left and right side are blank with the big speedo display, what a waste of space.

That said, a reprogram of the IPC might be able to give you coolant temp, not sure if the computer can read the oil pressure or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.