Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anyone was wondering, I'm still around.
Mrs. Bear and I have moved out to our place "in the country" full time and I've been pretty much consumed with getting the place up and running, a 30' travel trailer connected to the septic system, electricity, and water so we can make the "old" house go away and begin construction on the "new" house. I'm telling you, this manual labor is for the birds... :nopity:

Bear

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I suspected as much. And have been watching the television postings for "Texas Homesteaders", but so far, no luck. Glad to hear all is going as planned. One thing I learned very recently: a person has to figure out how much his time is worth. A guy with a brain like you is much better off spending your time on the planning and the technical side of things, and simply hiring the ditch diggers and cement workers for the grunt work. BTDT. Last time I dug a 75 foot french drain by hand I had a wake up call. If your time is worth $75 per hour, pay someone $25 per hour to do the heavy lifting. And whatever you do, don't hurt yourself. Glad to hear from you as always, and thanks for the shout!
Jeff

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
glad to hear all is well. I have been building custom homes for the last 15 years so feel free to hit me up with any questions. this is the house I recently built for a friend. looks better with the landscape finished now

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts