Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted drop a post and say to everyone that I joined this Forum and I am gald to be part of it. I bought a New 2005 Torrid Red w/ Blk interior yesterday I pick it up tommorrow at 1pm I cant wait to Drive it off that lot. Well I hope to be chatting more with all of you. I bought the car in Long island, NY I am from LI and The Bronx I pretty much live in both places lol for work. So I hope to see some fellow GTO's around the area :seeya:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome Spiz. Did you get a M6 or A4?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Red on Black. Sweeeet!

Congrats on the new ride. Do some searches on "DDL" and "amp" for the stereo and "rail dust" for finish problems with new goats.

Enjoy! :cheers

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome and congrats! :party:

I learned to drive manual transmissions on the GTO. Of course it was a 1964 GTO convertible, and I was 16! :cool It was my family's daily driver. My dad still is the original owner. It took quite a few months for the strips of rubber to dissappear from the driveway, after I popped the clutch to avoid rolling back into the street. I almost rocketed through the back of the garage! :eek: :eek:

Gary

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
teamgs said:
Welcome and congrats! :party:

I learned to drive manual transmissions on the GTO. Of course it was a 1964 GTO convertible, and I was 16! :cool It was my family's daily driver. My dad still is the original owner. It took quite a few months for the strips of rubber to dissappear from the driveway, after I popped the clutch to avoid rolling back into the street. I almost rocketed through the back of the garage! :eek: :eek:

Gary

HAHAHA!!!!! YES!!!! I did the exact same thing!!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I learned to drive a stick on a '60 model Corvair at 16 in 1975 that had been in the family since it was new.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thansk everyone for the feedback I been driving the car all day even though it wasnt great weather but I hear tommorrow will be better. Its Awsome I cant belive the power I was driving my dads 02 TransAm for a while and I love this car so much more its more comftable and feels alot more powerfull. Just will miss the T tops in summer lol... But I changed from a 03 Grand am GT to this 2day and Mannn the diff was incredible. I cant wait to play more tomm Thanks again everyone and cant wait to disscuss more stuff soon

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the Family BRO!!!:party:
Congrats on the purchase good Decision:cheers

Is that bad? I learned on my Dads 95 S10 5spd
then got better in my brother's 04 Soobie STi
He got mad when I wasn't used to the Stage III
Racing Clutch cause I burned the $hit out of it!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Spiz641 said:
Just will miss the T tops in summer lol...
There are quite a few GTO/Monaro owners with moonroofs. I hope to get mine installed within a few weeks.

The model of choice seems to be the Webasto Hollandia 710.

http://www.webastoshowroom.com/pontiac_gto_710.htm

Search this site, and LS2GTO.com, and you can find actual pics from users. There are people who say it's the best thing ever, and those who say it is a disaster waiting to happen, but it is an option. :D

It runs around $1200 installed.

Gary

·
Registered
65 Posts
Spiz641 said:
But I am only 22 so I got time to learn to drive stick
You also have time to learn good grammar, but I wouldn't wait too long.
By the way, are you female? I only know of one 22 year-old male in the USA who can't drive a manual transmission and he turned out to be a girl in a man's body. :eek:
HEY, welcome to the gang!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I learned to drive stick in (get this) my pimp-daddy 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix WITH the luggage rack I might add. 2.8L of fire-breathing Pontiac excitement.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.