Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also don't have a GTO yet. Right now I have a chevy silverado....not very exciting. Before it I had a 2000 Grand Prix GTP and I was really happy with that car. It ran like a horse and never gave me any major trouble. Now I'm looking to go back to a car and I'd like it to be a GTO. So I'm doing a little research first. I've seen some nice prices on '04 GTO's but of course I'd like an '05. Why not get the 6.0 and 50 more horses. Plus I like the dual exhaust and hood scoops. But I may have to stick with an '04. Is the '04 dual or single exhaust? I see they both come out one side but I thought maybe it was still dual. If it is dual, is it true dual or just split? Do the GTOs run good? Do they have any bugs? Sorry about all the stupid questions, just trying to learn about the car before I make any moves.

-Matt.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Hey Pittsburgh! Most of my family lives there! As for the GTO, there pretty durable. They've been on the market overseas since 2002, so most of the bugs have been worked out. The exhaust on the 2004 is true duel(not split) they just exit on the same side. I've had mine problem free since November 2004. If you are gonna get one I would'nt wait. 2006 is the last year for them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Many of the 04's are close to or out of warranty, so if you're going to modify it, you don't have to pay for a warranty that you are just going to void. There were a lot of changes between 04 and 05 and the prices reflect the difference in the cars. If you plan to keep it forever, buy the 04, put in a built motor and have fun. If you plan to sell it in a few years, pay the extra and get the 05.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome, and a pretty good decision to get a GTO now. Good luck getting one you want and at the price you want, there are some good deals to be had on these cars. Again, welcome...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.