Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm a new guy here. I just bought a 1972 GTO to restore 2 weeks ago. The body/shell looks sweet but I want to have it dipped before I start working on it. Hopefully I can find a company in Ontario Canada that is capable of acid dipping. Nice site BTW. Lots of infos. :seeya: :cheers

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
You can also search for "material blasters" as well. Not sand blasters, but guys who shoot styrofoam beads, crushed walnut shells, and stuff like that. Their process comes out a lot cleaner than the dip as they can concentrate on heavily rusted areas, etc. The walnut shell stuff is pretty amazing -- as it absolutely does not affect any of the good metal. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I remember Richard Petty telling how they used to acid dip the bodys of the old stock cars. When a stock car was a stock car.

They'd use such a hot solution and take so much skin off you could put your finger through the roof :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.