1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Maxamoose is correct, as usual, most of the HIDs out there are either Phillips, McCulloch or Hella ballasts. I'm not fond of the McCulloch ballasts because they have an extra wire which must be hooked up to the battery, making the installation a bit more complicated...however, others love them BECAUSE they have that extra wire. I have had all three and I prefer Phillips due to their simplicity, brightness and compatibility.
Installing them on the GTO is fairly easy, there's even a nice area down below the headlights for you to mount 'em.
I bought mine from ebay, where you can get 'em for $200-400, depending on the type/brand/etc. Just be sure to read the person's feedback and you'll quickly realize if they're a scam artist or if they're selling you the real thing.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
116 Posts
:agree I got mine from e-bay also. The light output is the same just a different color, mine are 4300k. The look after is like a much high dollar car, I get a lot of looks at night since I installed those. My install took about 3 hours. I took out the battery, airbox and plastic radiator sheild so that I would have plenty of room to work.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the feed back guys. I think I'm going to go with the kit from Xtralights when I order them. It seems nice and I like the 8000K blue or I might even go with the 10000K violet color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.