Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was stopped at a light Thursday at lunch; taking a guy out that was changing departments. We stopped at a light on a major highway, and my friend said the guy in the truck next to me wanted to talk. I rolled the window down, and the guy asked "Is that the new GTO?" I said, it sure was. He next asked "That thing got any ass?" At that point the light changed, I yelled back "Yeah, it's got 400 of them!" and tore out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I love the look on thier faces when you do that. A couple of months ago I was was cruizing on the 60 freeway (65mph) alongside some ricer. Usually they think thier cars are like superman but this one was cool. Next thing you know an 05 pony in V6 trim pulls up. The 3 of us are side by side and the the stang let a rip. Me and the ricer guy look at each other with a look on our face like "what is this guy thinking?" So I tell the ricer guy "watch this!" I drop into 3rd (@65 you can get it really going @ 5000RPM) and take off like a rocket! I caught up to the mustang, signaled him, and let it fly. I was so far ahead of him that after I hit 140mph I just let it coast back to 65. It took the guy FOEVER to even catch up. He eventually exited the freeway with a look of shame, but when the ricer guy finally caught up he was ecstatic. He was giving me the thumbs up and it looked like he was saying "that was tight!"
I'm pretty sure alot people try that to you too, not realizing what you really have.
:cool

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.