Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sitting in a drive through picking up some lunch this weekend, MYOB, as they say, when these three kids inside the restaurant start pounding on the window to get my attention.

I can barely hear them yell: "Nice car, mister!!!"

Laughed my a$$ off! :rofl:

Thanks, kids! But wrong commercial!

Pretty cool though that the kids seem to appreciate these cars more than most adults...

Jim Miller
'06 M6, 18" wheels, Phantom Black

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hell, I get that from adults... That or the "bloated Cavalier/Sunfire" reference.

JM

·
Registered
455 Posts
I fortunately have not gotten any references--very few people have taken much interest in my car. But I did tell a coworker I bought a car, and what kind. He seemed rather oblivious as to the model, like he was unfamiliar with it. Now, from time to time, he asks me "How's that Grand Am of yours running?" Keep in mind he's never *seen* the car, he just remembers it's a Pontiac and I guess that it starts with G, so he thinks "Grand Am".

I've corrected him a few times, then gave up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was in a drive throught he other day and the woman at the window said "I like your MUSTANG". I almost spewed soda all over my interior. I laughed and said "Thanks, but its a GTO, way faster than a Mustang." I've noticed that its mostly women who have this case of mistaken identity. A few months after I bought my car I was driving down the street and two women in a mustang pulled up next to me and asked "That thing have a HEMI?" I replied "Ya, had one for breakfast today!"

·
Registered
569 Posts
I had to women ask if it was a G6 at a car show once. One of them was HOT, but the wife made sure I left the conversation at "no, it's not" lol.

I also got two races with both a 4th gen firebird and an older 5.0 stang by telling them it was a G6 and Grand Prix- not many people know what the hell it is :).
Joe

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had a guy in the Arby's drive through ask what kind of engine was in the car. when I told him he said, "wow, that thing's a beast". I said, "sure is!"

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually like the fact that few know what it is. Sleeper. Brits call that quality the "Q"-factor, or a "Q-Ship".

Jim Miller

·
Registered
36 Posts
The response to the "is it a Hemi?" is hilarious! Anyway, I like the sleeper quality. I particularly like that you don't see on at every stop light. Only had My GTO is only a couple months now, but I get 2 or 3 compliments every day (not to mention the envious stares). One thing is for sure the Mustang and Charger guys know what it is. Generally they try to pretend they are not there. I live in a small town, and very, very rarely see another GTO.

·
Registered
455 Posts
kwiktsi said:
I also got two races with both a 4th gen firebird and an older 5.0 stang by telling them it was a G6 and Grand Prix- not many people know what the hell it is :).
Haha, that's one sure way to reverse it right back at them!

Count me in among those who like that this car is rather a sleeper. Either people have no clue what you have, or those who do tend to be people who appreciate muscle cars--or are other Goat owners :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I get compliments on my car all the time, alot of them say it's the first one they've seen in person. The driver of the 90's something 5.0 Mustang that decided to try me today pulled into my driveway behind me and got out with a big grin on his face and just said " Man, that car is nasty!! " I loved that. He had tryed me from about a 25 mph roll( I was behind him) after goosing the gas up to his bumper and back off a few times I finally just pulled out and passed him so fast I was worried about sucking out his windshield:D

Maybe this should have been in the kill section?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Had all the teens at the popeys at the drive thur come to the window to ask me questions,, they loved it. Not too much notice I have frustrately learned,,how ever the sleeper factor for that kinda makes up for it...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Clueless said:
I fortunately have not gotten any references--very few people have taken much interest in my car. But I did tell a coworker I bought a car, and what kind. He seemed rather oblivious as to the model, like he was unfamiliar with it. Now, from time to time, he asks me "How's that Grand Am of yours running?" Keep in mind he's never *seen* the car, he just remembers it's a Pontiac and I guess that it starts with G, so he thinks "Grand Am". I've corrected him a few times, then gave up.
Oh, he knows. And he's yankin' your chain.
You just don't realize it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.