Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts

I spent a good portion of the day cleanig up the goat inorder to wax it tomorrow if it is more than 45 out. I went to the store and some guy multitasking poorly on a cellphone used the back of my car to stop his minivan. At least this time I got his insurance company info and a claim filled. I guess the body shop will have it a little longer than I thought. Oh well.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Don.

My wife & I have been rear ended no less than 5 times over the years.
It is inevitably a multi-tasker like yours.

1. A car load of kids screwing around in a Boston snow storm...10 mph bump...car was 2 weeks old.
  2. Two guys screwing with the radio rolling up to a light....3 mph bump to the wife's Acura.
  3. Woman on a cell phone on the highway (I80 in CT)... about 10 mph impact....10 yr old Volvo, Ha! Made some money.
  4. Guy screwing with CB radio on the highway (I80 in CT again) hit me doing about 65 mph...I was still moving at 45 mph...10 yr old Volvo again, Ha!
  5. Guy in morning rush hour (RT 128 Boston) hit me doing 55 mph after I stopped for an accidient ahead...My car was 6 mo old. I went thru windshield and ended up on hood. Took out steering wheel, rear view mirror. No air bags. 28 stitches to face & head but I walked away, never lost consciousness. Guy who stopped to help almost passed out when he saw all the blood from the head wound though.

On the other hand neither I nor my wife have ever done this to anyone else. Does anyone just drive anymore?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I feel your pain. Getting hit in the goat sucks. I got rear ended a couple of weeks ago when the car in front of me pulled out (turned right) and the suv to his left turned left. Another suv to my left pulled up to the road and stopped, which caused me to stop because I could not through the tank. However, the guy behind me could see that it was clear and there was enough room for him to pull out as well. Unfortunately my car was in the way! Oh well, I did the exact same thing 10 years ago. The guy was cool and paid cash ($1,300) for all the repairs at the Pontiac body shop and I got my spoiler holes filled as a bonus. The guys at the body shop commented that they liked the car better without the "aftermarket looking wing"

Wing_Nut said:
On the other hand neither I nor my wife have ever done this to anyone else. Does anyone just drive anymore?
You have to remember, not everyone has a wonderful LSx engine to listen to while they drive and thus must play with other things to keep them occupied.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Getting hit in any car sucks! I was broad sided by a 72 year old drunk driver in a Mazda Protege 6 years ago...I had to be taken out of the passenger side, broke my back and torn my SI joint in my hip....not to mention the amount of bruising I sustained!!!!

Some people should not have a drivers license!!!!

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
GOATGIRL said:
Getting hit in any car sucks! I was broad sided by a 72 year old drunk driver in a Mazda Protege 6 years ago...I had to be taken out of the passenger side, broke my back and torn my SI joint in my hip....not to mention the amount of bruising I sustained!!!!

Some people should not have a drivers license!!!!
Not making this up..........

Once upon a time I was a mid-level manager with a recently minted MBA working for me. I think the kid was about 24. His parents had bought him a brand new shiny red 300Z when he graduated with his masters degree and went out into the world. The car was his pride and joy. Anyway, leaving work one night, he rolled into a car in front of him and put a small wrinkle in the front edge of his hood.

He asked for a recommendation on a body shop and I put him in touch with someone I knew. He was at the shop, standing at the counter, with his back to the parking lot. That's when a geriatric drunk (2PM on a weekday mind you) sailed over the curb in his Lincoln land yacht and T-Boned this kids car while he was standing not more than 30 feet away. The Z was totaled. The old fart must have impacted at more than 35 mph. Can't imagine hearing that sound and turning around knowing what you're going to see.

At least no one was hurt. That old drunk could have taken out a sidewalk full of pedestrians. I have zero tolerance for drunks who drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.