Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a hitch from U-Haul - it was only 44.99. I installed it myself in about 45 minutes. If I had to do it again, it would probably be a 20 min job. The directions were a bit vague in some parts, but over all I'm really happy with it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nar, there's nothing to be scared about, my old man used to own a Commordore S (v6) and it towed his 18ft fishing boat all day and never had a problems at any ramps. Go to Aust and rear wheel drive cars tow anything and everything (im sure there's a couple people here from back home that can back this one up). And to make things worse, the most rear wheel drive tow vechiles are utes, with no weight in the back over thinner back wheels, still no probs.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Im with you but over here in the states everyone thinks you need a supersized crewcab 4x4 diesel dually truck to tow anything larger than a shopping cart... Everyone laughs when they see the hitch on my car and think its gonna break in half or something.. Most would have strokes if they knew I towed cars,trailers and boats all over the USA for over 200,000miles with a lowly Astro van..
Common sense isnt really big here..

pab13 said:
Nar, there's nothing to be scared about, my old man used to own a Commordore S (v6) and it towed his 18ft fishing boat all day and never had a problems at any ramps. Go to Aust and rear wheel drive cars tow anything and everything (im sure there's a couple people here from back home that can back this one up). And to make things worse, the most rear wheel drive tow vechiles are utes, with no weight in the back over thinner back wheels, still no probs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
Im with you but over here in the states everyone thinks you need a supersized crewcab 4x4 diesel dually truck to tow anything larger than a shopping cart... Everyone laughs when they see the hitch on my car and think its gonna break in half or something.. Most would have strokes if they knew I towed cars,trailers and boats all over the USA for over 200,000miles with a lowly Astro van..
Common sense isnt really big here..
ain't that the truth

·
Registered
186 Posts
Goat Kart.:rofl:

·
Registered
418 Posts
It probably wouldnt matter what they were towing with if they did that.
I have seen guys put $40k trucks in the water here as well backing down ramps. And its salt water here,,total loss..
Idiots will find a way..
On the other side I have freinds that have launched and retrieved 22-24ft boats numerous times using common sedans and compact sport trucks and have never even gotten a tire wet.
Driver is way more important than the vehicle used.
:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.