1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
You can't get the Holden bluetooth kit, (damn), however, GM has a way to put a hands free phone in the GTO...... you need a phone kit that has an external speaker (to put behind the "grille" in your instrument cluster), a GM pn 92143075 (this plugs into the pigtail under the lower panel of the passenger side of the dash), and make sure the kit you buy for your phone is able to work through the existing stereo speakers....... I know of a few people that have done this, let me know if you have any questions :cheers

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
GTODEALER said:
You can't get the Holden bluetooth kit, (damn), however, GM has a way to put a hands free phone in the GTO...... you need a phone kit that has an external speaker (to put behind the "grille" in your instrument cluster), a GM pn 92143075 (this plugs into the pigtail under the lower panel of the passenger side of the dash), and make sure the kit you buy for your phone is able to work through the existing stereo speakers....... I know of a few people that have done this, let me know if you have any questions :cheers

Nice to hear of of alternatives, but that sounds pretty kludgey and inelegant.

There must be a way of getting a Bluetooth package here...by hook or by crook...

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I've started digging to find out more about this. I spend a lot of time in my Holden and Bluetooth connectivity would be a Godsend, especially whilst navigating LA traffic.

The info I've seen states that there is some incompatibility of the Aussie gear with our P-P-Pontiac'ed Monaros, but I'm digging deeper to confirm this. I've contact a couple of dealers in Oz to find out if they know of an existing retrofit here in the States.

if the problems are too great, I may look into that GM pigtails thingmie....but it's still a messy "solution" to the problem, IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.