Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the 05 Holden Monaro now sports a center gauge pod with oil pressure & voltage gauges. I have seen a few after market center console gauge pods for the GTO, but the Monaro's is by far the best looking. I Googled and could not find the same pod. Since the Monaro's is made down under, the driver side is on the right, so of course the Monaro's pod faces right. Does anyone know if somone manufactures the same type of pod but facing to the left?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I see from the web site that the 2004 GTO pod is not available right now, but will be soon. I will order it once available. Hopefully the instructions for hooking up the gauges is straight forward.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Geoff at JHP told me when I ordered mine that the 05's harness was just down inside and would plug right in. I fished it up and it did just that. Something bout the 04 didn't include a factory hookup and would need to be wired seperately. Good luck. Semper Fi

·
Registered
150 Posts
I really like those, and I want a set but I'm not about to pay that much for two gauges. I know there are other choices now, and before long there will be more. Maybe they will include them on the 06??

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, while it is a cool looking gauge pod, $450 is alot of money for two gauges and a piece of plastic. I wonder if there is a way ordering directly from Holden??? In addition, since I have the 2004 GTO, I wonder what additional costs/time are involved with wiring? Maybe someone out there has a 2004 and can offer some advice.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Arrowhead makes an empty console pod...I haven't bought one but I've seen it. It looks pretty good, for a hand-laid fiberglass thingmie.

Gravana sells them, if you don't want to deal directly with Arrowhead. I sure as hell wouldn't.

http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2004_Pontiac_GTO_5.7.aspx?cat=4

He also has gauge packages.

Personally, I'm considering the Arrowhead pod populated by an Autometer D-Pic gauge ( http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PFYC&Product_Code=GN2111&Product_Count=24&Category_Code=GAINT ) and an Aeroforce Technology Interceptor OBD2 gauge ( http://www.aeroforcetech.com/ )-- far more flexible and easy to install in an '04.

Of couse, now you're bumping up close to $600... :eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
just checked of jhp's website and noticed that they do have the guage pod in left hand drive says it in the product description.

·
Registered
944 Posts
If you have an 05 or early 06, everything is there for the hookup. You'll spend the most time trying to hook the cable, which some get right away while others take a long time - it's just luck. It's an easy thing and most of the job is minutes.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Is it a plug and play set up? What was ur install time?
It's plug and play. Once I was able to snare the wire it was was easy as plugging the unit in and snapping the unit to the dash. A minute or 2.

Instructions call for cutting the dash to allow the wire to be plugged in. Once you remove the plate cover you'll notice a portion of the dash that runs along the back of the cut out connecting the right and left side dash. The harness is just behind the vents in the front of the dash. The plug in is in the rear of the unit. The bracing is to be cut to allow the harness to be run to the back of the unit. This is NOT necessary to cut the brace. You can fish the harness up behind the brace and plug it in.

It took a while to grab a hold of the harness with a bent clothes hanger. Unless you have a mirror you can adjust to see down into the dash you will be doing this pretty much blind as there is not enough room between the windshield and the cut out to look down into the cavity.

There was a cut off date in 2006 models that didn't have the plug and play. I can't recall what that date was.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Hmm, looks like that mod is out for me. :(

Wretched Motorsports had it for like $550 too, wonder if they jacked up the price.

That sucks, now we're running out of options for gauge pods. Maybe I will indeed need delete the radio and put a gauge panel there.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts