Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this the other day, there is a hole cut into the carpet on the passenger side right in front of the passenger seat. It is cut in half and when you pull it back it shows me the cars VIN #. Has anyone else noticed this?

Why would they cut the carpet?:confused I want to see if I can complain and get it fixed or if it is something that is mandatory.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Mine is the same way, didn't notice the VIN, though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is this the holes to screw in the floor mats? When I bought the car a month ago, I noticed a bag of black plastic screws. I was told by the salesmen, they were to screw in all 4 floor mats.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
That's pretty wacky. Never noticed that before. At least it's far enough under the seat and not noticeable when you push the carpet back in place.

gmcjim, no, this is different than the floor mat anchor mounting points. Look in passenger side of your car -- then look under the front edge of the seat. You don't even have to remove the mat to see this...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Wow, sure enough. Those crazy Aussies. Open up those two little "barn doors" in the carpet, and there's the VIN.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info and setting me straight B A, I will check it out. I'm a newbe here and still learning allot about the car. I have allot of questions for you'll.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The carpet "holes" are almost invisible when they are closed. There's no reason to "get them fixed." They are serving their purpose and certainly aren't ugly by any means.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Starrbuck said:
The carpet "holes" are almost invisible when they are closed. There's no reason to "get them fixed." They are serving their purpose and certainly aren't ugly by any means.
Yeah, but the holes in the side panels are!!!!!!!:willy:

·
Registered
154 Posts
GTODAVE05 said:
Yeah, but the holes in the side panels are!!!!!!!:willy:
I haven't even noticed those. I guess I will have to look more closely. But if I have to look for them, by definition they must not be very noticable.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Starrbuck said:
I haven't even noticed those. I guess I will have to look more closely. But if I have to look for them, by definition they must not be very noticable.
Try looking on your inside right and leftside kick panels where you rest your feet at! Have seen many like this!! I thought i was the only 1 with this prob!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
BTW, the floor mat screws suck! They are cheap plastic and strip when screwing them down. I had two that were stripped when I picked my car up at the dealer. On a follow-up visit, they gave me four more. They have all stripped out. Shame on you GM.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Russ2005 said:
BTW, the floor mat screws suck! They are cheap plastic and strip when screwing them down. I had two that were stripped when I picked my car up at the dealer. On a follow-up visit, they gave me four more. They have all stripped out. Shame on you GM.
I go through those carpet tie downs like I go through gas. Everytime I ask the dealer to replace them, they give me one at a time and usually takes about 2 weeks due to them being back ordered.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Odd... I haven't had a bit of trouble with mine, and my two kids get in and out of the back all the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts