Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man it's gonna suck to have dial-up because this video is 80MB. If you do, have patience because the wait will be well worth it.

This car is called an Ariel Atom. Does it really outrun the CBR? I guess you'll just have to watch the video :D . Enjoy!

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1195000

Click on the link in the first post.

·
Registered
163 Posts
GOTPWR said:
600s are SLOW!!!

LOL... ok. :rolleyes:

That is a cool car. It has more in common with the bike than the GTO. I think they mention something like that in the segment as well. I didn't watch it, but I have seen that one on TV before.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Saw this a month ago, I hate bikes and this is why. I think it is funny that this thing kicks its a$$. One Of the guys at work this :D bike like this and I find it commical that a four wheel car kicks its but. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RevnR6 said:
LOL... ok. :rolleyes:

That is a cool car. It has more in common with the bike than the GTO. I think they mention something like that in the segment as well. I didn't watch it, but I have seen that one on TV before.
I don't see how it has anything in common with a bike. Except for maybe the power to weight ratio and performance. If this car was some kinda 2 wheel specimen with a motorcycle engine, handle bars, etc. then maybe it will be more similar to a bike than a car.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I didn't watch the video. So my bad! I try to avoid downloading too many racing vids, etc. As I like my computer to function properly. :rofl:

In general though, I just think that there are alot of fast bikes out there now and the CBR600 might be one of the slower bikes out there. There are many,many cars that will kick it's butt on the street.

A GTO with a few mods would beat a 600 on the street as well. When my car was stock, I was pulling on them pretty hard.
When I do get into my GTO, I will make sure 600s are a snack! :rofl:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
GOTPWR said:
I didn't watch the video. So my bad! I try to avoid downloading too many racing vids, etc. As I like my computer to function properly. :rofl:

In general though, I just think that there are alot of fast bikes out there now and the CBR600 might be one of the slower bikes out there. There are many,many cars that will kick it's butt on the street.

A GTO with a few mods would beat a 600 on the street as well. When my car was stock, I was pulling on them pretty hard.
When I do get into my GTO, I will make sure 600s are a snack! :rofl:
:agree ....my friend has a R6 and we raced and I pulled him..... :cheers

·
Registered
170 Posts
GTODEALER said:
:agree ....my friend has a R6 and we raced and I pulled him..... :cheers
Exactly! :cheers

I enjoy seeing their faces after they get smoked. Some bikers don't realize that they can be taken down by a 4 wheel machine! :rofl:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wow, or not. Once again, I must say, there is a lot of misinformation about bikes going around. My R6 ran very low 11's in vegas. Which means about mid-high 10s at sea level. To get into the low 11's with a GTO here then you have to do a lot. Need to find over 2 seconds somewhere.

As for what the car has in common with the bike. No ammenities, racing design, purpose built design.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I all out raced a Ducati from a roll...he just casually accelerated keeping one car length ahead of me...
It was fun, but my GTO doesnt stand a chance.

·
Registered
170 Posts
RevnR6 said:
Wow, or not. Once again, I must say, there is a lot of misinformation about bikes going around. My R6 ran very low 11's in vegas. Which means about mid-high 10s at sea level. To get into the low 11's with a GTO here then you have to do a lot. Need to find over 2 seconds somewhere.

As for what the car has in common with the bike. No ammenities, racing design, purpose built design.
Big difference from running at the strip Bike vs Car. On the street it's much different.
The bike will always get out of the hole faster with a good rider. But from a roll, the power really comes into play. Those 2 seconds are easy to find! :D

If you were running low 11s with a 600, it wasn't stock. Most run 12s.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts