Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I admit that I am a cheap skate when it comes to certain things and rims are one of them. I have owned my IROC since 1991 and have resisted the urge to spend money on things that dont make it go faster. But, the stock brakes suck and, well, it is the 21st century and SLP is blowing these rims out for 599.00 with the correct back spacing and center caps for 3rd gen F bodies. I also ordered a set of chromed for my wifes IROC convertible.

What are your honest opinions?

IROC pics pictures by IROCDAVE - Photobucket

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I wish they were 17 x 9.5, they are 17" x 8.5". I am happy with the 17" diameter though, need the room for larger rotors / calipers.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I've always liked the "ZR1" type wheels...the originals are nice too but the new ones would give you the room for larger rotors and calipers...
Bill

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input fellas. Rim opinions are like paint color opinions, very subjective. The IROC rim is a timeless design as is the original 5 star ZR-1 rim. This could be the topic of a great pole, which factory rim has been copied the most, or most influence?

The stock rims on my car are 22 years old now and showing there age. They have no curb rash but the clear coat is starting to lift and discolor, which leaves a weird looking blemish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts