Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe to remove the hood liner on our cars without having the fear of distroying the paint on the outside of the hood. Because of the position of my air in take tube for my Procharger I notice where it has rubbed off a section of the liner and it looks like ****. I thought about just cutting out that small section of liner and replace it with a section of heat reflective material or a piece of NON OEM hood liner material. I would rather just rempove the entire liner. What do you think. OK and Safe to do without damaging the paint on the outer hood surface. YES!!!! NO !!!!!

DIZZY

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
The hood liner comes out easy, if you remove the plastic tabs with the claw side of a hammer. A plain old kitchen fork will work too... I used it in my trunk to get at the amp. :lol:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Rip that crap out and polish-up the underside of the hood, you'll dig it for sure. Mine has been out for about 2 years with zero issues of any kind...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. sorry it took so long for me to reply. Was back in the hospital again. 5th time in less then two years

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rip that crap out and polish-up the underside of the hood, you'll dig it for sure. Mine has been out for about 2 years with zero issues of any kind...
You are 100 % correct. I removed the liner and it looks beautiful. My entire engine bay is done up in RED and Polished alluminum and with the yellow ujnderside of the hood looking clean and shinney, it really makes the engine bay look unbelieveable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts