Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
undefinedWhat's the deal with the rubber hood scoop plugs? They do vent but not much. Is it better to drive with them out when driving hard on a clear day? They pop in and out easily. Are they just to prevent rain and bugs from getting onto the engine? Do they have any other purpose? My dealer could'nt clarify.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
WRA said:
undefinedWhat's the deal with the rubber hood scoop plugs? They do vent but not much. Is it better to drive with them out when driving hard on a clear day? They pop in and out easily. Are they just to prevent rain and bugs from getting onto the engine? Do they have any other purpose? My dealer could'nt clarify.
I opened mine. Not sure why rain getting in there would be such a big deal either. The car has the fuel rail/ coil pack covers. Also think how much water makes it into the engine bay during driving in a rain storm. Oh well that's my .02

·
Registered
97 Posts
I also took mine out, modified them with a knife and put them back in so the air flow is blasting directly into the engine. I also added a coarse plastic filter material to the bottom to stop the bugs / leaves etc getting in. Engine is so much cooler with these forcing air over the engine.

·
Registered
364 Posts
asteng88 said:
I also took mine out, modified them with a knife and put them back in so the air flow is blasting directly into the engine. I also added a coarse plastic filter material to the bottom to stop the bugs / leaves etc getting in. Engine is so much cooler with these forcing air over the engine.
Sounds interesting but what did you use as a coarse plastic filter material ?

·
Registered
410 Posts
asteng88 said:
Yeah, sure. I can post the pics if someone can tell me how to upload them onto the postings. All I get is
which means absolutely nothing to me. :willy:
you have to an account on an image server. this one is free

http://www.villagephotos.com/login.asp

Then you past its location where the xxx is and they magically show up in the thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.