Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with their '05 made the hood scoops functional? If so, how'd you do it? I heard you just got to pull the rubber piece out, don't know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wonder what that would do to the aerodynamics; maybe it will make the hood fly off? :willy:

Anyone notice how heavy the hood is on this car? I cant remember ever having a hood that weighed this much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
To make it a ram-air hood, you would have to connect the scoops to the air intake system. Just wait a while, there will be aftermarket kits for sale soon enough I bet. I think the rubber pieces in the scoops let in some air, but keep air flow to a minimum to prevent hood vibrations at high speed. :D :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
GTOFan said:
To make it a ram-air hood, you would have to connect the scoops to the air intake system. Just wait a while, there will be aftermarket kits for sale soon enough I bet. I think the rubber pieces in the scoops let in some air, but keep air flow to a minimum to prevent hood vibrations at high speed. :D :D
I think another issue would be that the engine compartment would get filthy with all that airborne junk pouring in. Not to mention water pouring in on that aluminum engine. I'm definitely interested in converting to a ram air setup when they're available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts