Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 68 GTO that I want to install a hood tach onto like the Judge has. Does anyone know of the exact mounting location and would I need to make any holes in the hood? I would need the dimensions and location of the holes and where to attach the wiring harness. Thanks for any help.

Dan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dan,

I realize this may not be exactly what you're looking for, but in August 1971, I bought a used, silver 1970 Judge and it did NOT have a hood tack, so I bought a brand new one from the local dealer in Northern Illinois. I asked the same mounting locations you ask and they told me, "mount it where you want."

So I sat in the driver's seat while a buddy fussed with the location until I could read it easily. A few months later, I sat in a Judge with a factory mounting location--I liked my location better.

One hint:
Back then, the needles were very hard to see, especially at night, so I disassembled the hood tach and brush-painted it flourescent orange with Testor's model paint, which made a huge difference.

Hope this helps--a little.

Robert Keller

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a '68 Ram Air GTO with the factory hood tach on it. If you can't find anything in the way of a template, I could get you some basic measurements from the side and rear of the hood if that would get you close enough. And yes, there are holes in the hood. I haven't looked at it close, but there's one for wiring and 3 or 4 for the studs of the tach (Don't quote me on that though). Let me know if I can help! :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.