Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just discovered that neither the horns on my 67 GTO work. I refused to believe this until I painstaking removed both of them and then tested them by running a 12v wire to the horn terminal and touching the horn bracket to the neg. side of the battery. Nothing from either one of them. So if anybody has any horns for a 67 GTO please let me know. I am willing to pay for them. The only thing is they need to be working.

thanks
alan

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
There should be an adjusting screw used to change the tone of the horn. It should be near the bracket as I recall, but if not look for it. I have in the past played around with this adjusting screw and got a horn working again. Try screwing it in/out and test it with your 12 volts. The guts might just be stuck. If you are going to replace them, I'd also drop it on the ground a few times as that may also jar the guts loose.

There is a video on YouTube pulling a GM horn apart and looking inside. The guy gets it going again, but never puts it back together. Might be another option to disassemble it, clean it up, and then reassemble - if you destroy it, you were going to replace it anyway. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your advise. Scott gave me the same advice yesterday. I tried it and it worked. Both my horns now work. Thanks for all the help. Scott and PontiacJim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts