Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last year i installed a stage 3 monster on my 06. so one day i was taking it to get fuel and when i went to stop and pull in this horrible sound came from the car. It sounds like there are a bunch of empty beer cans stuck under the car and are scrapping. the car now makes this sound every once in a while and it only does it when i stop i checked my breaks and under body nothing seems to be touching. so all i can pin it to is either the clutch or maybe something with the motor i have an ms4 cam. Anyone have an idea what it could be???

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no. only when im decelerating it makes the sound and it doesn't do it every time. its so hard to explain

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would check your drive shaft and especially the yoke/center bearing area. The drive shaft might be bent or unbalanced thus the intermittent problem (drive shafts suffer from harmonic problems that could be causing the sound you are hearing). Sounds like your mods might have just made the drive shaft the weak link in your drive train.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Last summer I installed a stage three monster as well. And had nothing but problems with it. During break in I did zero pulls to insure that my clutch would break in properly but all this clutch did is add a absolutely nasty shutter every time I take off. I was told it would go away but it stayed the same. Then I started up the car one morning and I sounded like tin cans rattling around but when I would engage the clutch the noise went away. Car is now in storage and I still haven't figured it out yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts