Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This maybe a stupid question but how do I get rid of the beeping when it hits 30mph? I read the manual and got into the setup of the display settings but still can not change it from 30 mph. It's driving me nuts!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
GTO676 said:
This maybe a stupid question but how do I get rid of the beeping when it hits 30mph? I read the manual and got into the setup of the display settings but still can not change it from 30 mph. It's driving me nuts!!
Don't go into the settings menu at startup. Just hit mode button (at any time) until you see the O/S speed on the left screen. Now hit the up or down arrow, until it reaches the speed you want to set it to. :cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Once your car has started and all the normal diagnostics are complete (DIC is not still "booting up"), press the MODE button until the left gauge reads O/SPEED 30mph (or something very close. i'm sitting at a desk, not the car ;)) . You should be able to press the up arrow to increment it by 5 mph with each push. I don't know what the max is, but I set mine to scream at 95 :D

You can also go into the setup when the DIC is booting up and turn the alarm off completely. Should read Overspeed Chime Yes or No (once again, or something similar).

·
Registered
386 Posts
I think I already stated the solution, 4 posts ago. Oh wait, here it is, I guess I did. :willy:

djdub said:
Don't go into the settings menu at startup. Just hit mode button (at any time) until you see the O/S speed on the left screen. Now hit the up or down arrow, until it reaches the speed you want to set it to. :cheers

·
Registered
316 Posts
My DIC comes up pritty quick, the wife likes it :D

a car like this should not have a beeper telling you that you are driving to fast, it should have a loud speaker telling everyone else that they are driving to SLOW and to GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY, but that is just my oppinion.

He I just noticed I finaly broke 200 posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Braman'sGTO said:

a car like this should not have a beeper telling you that you are driving to fast, it should have a loud speaker telling everyone else that they are driving to SLOW and to GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY, but that is just my oppinion.

LOL - One of my first Mods is going to be to install my electric air horn and loudspeaker :)

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Duck916 said:
It's set that way so you won't take it over 30mph during break-in. If you do, the warranty voids itself.

Oh, and the break-in period is 36,000 miles.

It's all in the manual. Take a look.
DUCK and BARMAN........ ROFLAMAOOOOOOO LLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY." LLLLLOOOOOLLLLLLLL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Braman'sGTO said:

Only 600 more to go and you'll be with Groucho and myself.... :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.