Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm halfway through my second week in Jackson Hole, WY, with another week and a half to go, and all I've had to drive is a Toyota Avalon and a Dodge Neon.

This is killing me! :willy:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I can relate to the gto withdrawals, not so much with the vette withdrawals, been in my rental for a little over 3 weeks I think(1st time I was in the rental was for 28 days), can't wait to buy another goat.

I really wish I could set my rental, 4dr chevy colorado on fire, or take a sledgehammer to it, or drive it into the delta(river system throughout my area)

I've been self medicating pretty heavily the last few months so I have lost all concept of time and now I am beginning to lose my grasp on reality. I've been waking up screaming and I kick my cat for no reason at all... God I need my GTO or some more meds... :mad:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm up here on business, but I've managed to have a little fun while I'm at it: Hiking; White Water Rafting; Horseback if I can find the time. Jackson is a great place, I just wish I had either of my cars here.

I'm am not looking foreward to going back to the turkish sauna that is the Gulf Coast: It took me all of 5 minutes to get used to the cooler temperatures and low humidity. :lol:
Not sure I'd like the winters here, though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats worse, I'll have about 5 days home and then have to go to New York for a couple of weeks and won't have anything to drive. :(

·
Registered
565 Posts
Are you doing any ski'ing while up there? Unless I'm mistaken Jackson Hole already has a good snow base on the mountains. I'd love to be snowboarding right now :(

·
Registered
150 Posts
Aww come on!!! The winters are great!! But then again I love the cold weather! You can get used to the summers there real quick. I'm just outside of St Louis and I don't have the humidity you have on the Gulf Coast, but it gets to humid here for my liking.

Its to bad you don't have your goat! I've driven through the Big Horn mountain ranges on the East side of the state several times in my 96 WS6 I used to have, that was fun!!! Problem is certain times of year there is a lot of traffic... getting stuck behind a convoy of motor homes is painfull!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RiceEater said:
Are you doing any ski'ing while up there? Unless I'm mistaken Jackson Hole already has a good snow base on the mountains. I'd love to be snowboarding right now :(
Actually, there isn't any snow at all (except on the very top of the Tetons). Temps during the day in the 70's and lows 35-40 at night.
I've been hiking the ski mountains (Snow King and Rendevous).
According to the locals, the skiing really starts in November.

·
Registered
107 Posts
diverdan said:
I'm halfway through my second week in Jackson Hole, WY, with another week and a half to go, and all I've had to drive is a Toyota Avalon and a Dodge Neon.

This is killing me! :willy:
i almost drove my mercury sable headon in to traffic just to stop the pain when i was in a rental for two weeks. :cheers

·
Registered
937 Posts
04gtolover said:
i almost drove my mercury sable headon in to traffic just to stop the pain when i was in a rental for two weeks. :cheers
I rented a Dodge Magnum SXT for a few days while I had my van in the shop. It had the V6 (3.5 I believe) and its RWD. You know, that car is such a plastic piece of garbage on the interior I couldnt believe it. Perfect for a fleet vehicle. It was however fun to drive, and though it didnt have near the power of the goat, if I turned off the traction control I could get the a$$ end to swing out in a nice smoke filled arc while performing a boulevard turn. Enough fun to divert my attention away from looking at the dash. If you have your choice in rentals, try one of these out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I started to take the Neon down a road that specified, "High Clearance Vehicle's Recommended" to get to a trail I wanted to hike. The only thing that stopped me was the LONG walk to find someone to pull out if I got it stuck (my Nextel doesn't work here).

I find myself daydreaming about winding out Z06 or running the goat through the gears. I guess I'll have to find a stretch of deserted road when I get home. :party:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts