Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tour came to my home town yesterday and what a great event to check out a bunch of really nice cars. GM HIGH PERFORMANCE was there with the concept GTO JUDGE that needs to find it's way into production. There was probably only a dozen or so of GTO's from the 60's there and I only saw 2 04's and 1 05 GTO. There were several new Mustang's there which made me appreciate the fact that seeing a 04 or 05 GTO is indeed something special. I was amazed by the number of Chevy SSR's in attendance I'd say at least 2 dozen were there. The suprise of the show was the C6 Corvette Z06 which was out for everyone to see and with that 7.0 litre V8 it's going to be a beast. If it's comes to your hometown go check it out but plan for a day because at least a thousand cars will be parked free of charge for all to enjoy.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hey JM, great minds think alike! The BIGGEST and likely most complicated difference btwn our LS2's and the LS7 is the 7 is a dry sumped motor. This means the the oil is kept in an external tank away from the engine. The oil pan only serves as a collection point for the pump which is a 2-stage in the 7. Finding somewhere to easily to mount a tank and then route all the plumbing would be the hard part. The LS7 is an AWESOME motor and would cost over 30k to build by a pro. The titanium rods alone cost close to 3grand from someone like Crower and the titanium valves are over a hundred apiece x 16. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what GM Perf prices the crate motor for.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.