Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all my Brotheren,

For those of you who don't live in Texas your really missing out. It's been over 100 degrees everyday and plenty of sunshine. I like the warmer weather but this is getting to be like Hell. I guess I ought to get use to it since that's probably where I'm going if I don't change my ways.

Gotta cruise early or late in the day but gotta keep criusen.

See ya on the road.

Jim:mad:

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm actually coming to the realization that maybe having the car in the shop right now isn't such a bad thing considering the ludicris temps here in houston. Consider yourself lucky, you don't have humidity to deal with too!:willy:

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I hear ya Jim, but I can't cruise yet. I'm still in the middle of the restore.
But hell, the garage is just as hot!

I'm up at 7a.m. on weekends just to squeeze a few hours in.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
I now know where Pennsylvania's summer is...... We have yet to get rid of March weather. Mid July temps are comfortable, evenings are in the high 50's to low 60's. Days are in the low to mid 80's, and the humidity so far has been very tolerable.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Been a mild summer here in central CA, but this week got back to normal: 103-106 degrees daily, cooling down to 70 by 5am in the morning. The GTO's have been in the garage, and they're hot just sitting in there. Out here, evening is top-down time during the summer. You'll cook in the daytime. Low humidity, though. If you're out of the sun, and have a cold one in hand, it's tolerable. Ahhhhhh Fresno......

·
Registered
51 Posts
I only drove my trans am 3 times, I has been sitting in the shop the last few months because the heat here is so bad and it has no a/c.. In the mornings it's ok but in the afternoon it's horrible. I have to let my car run like 5 minutes for the ac to cool it down..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hot

I just moved to the Texas Hill Country from Savannah Ga in November. I'm loving this Texas weather! About the same temps as Ga. but no humidity.
My Goat is coming along, just shot primer today and blocked. It's about 90 in the garage with the door down...open it and it jumps right up to 100.
Not sure what to do when I have to shoot color...might be too hot in there.
Was nice to strip the whole car instead a small section at a time like I had to in Ga. I swear, if you sanded one side down it would be rusting where you started before you got to the end.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
I don't mean to rub it in but we set an ALL TIME RECORD HIGH of only 64° today. Lowest high temp ever recorded for this day here....:( It was in the low 50's when my son and I went out cutting trees and brush for the township this morning and it was actually nice not to be soaking wet in an hour. Supposed to be 72° tomorrow.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I just moved to the Texas Hill Country from Savannah Ga in November. I'm loving this Texas weather! About the same temps as Ga. but no humidity.
My Goat is coming along, just shot primer today and blocked. It's about 90 in the garage with the door down...open it and it jumps right up to 100.
Not sure what to do when I have to shoot color...might be too hot in there.
Was nice to strip the whole car instead a small section at a time like I had to in Ga. I swear, if you sanded one side down it would be rusting where you started before you got to the end.

If you ever miss georgia, come on down to houston, just as hot as the hills (maybe a few degrees warmer since it's a concrete jungle) and nasty humidity.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks xcmac

Thanks for the invite xc, does that include meals and lodging as well as a free dig through your parts pile?
I actually go through Houston on occasion as I have a friend in Galveston I visit from time to time.
Really you should come up towards Kerrville and we will drive the winding hilly roads here and swim the Guadalupe.
Just so everyone knows...there is an auto swap meet in Fredericksburg next weekend. I've heard it is pretty big. Here is a link for those interested:
Fredericksburg Auto Swap Meet :party:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Lost this thread, sorry outlaw...

It's houston, food's a pretty big part of life over here. Lodging is optional, i do have a fairly comfy couch. I'm guessing your friend on Galveston has better digs than I do.:lol:

To be honest, I fear Kerrville. I was stopped by their speed patrol in their charger while on my CBR a while ago. Not a friendly officer, especially since he thought my bike was limited to the 97 mph I was doing at the time. If he only knew what I'd been up to before I saw him and hit my brakes:rofl:

Still looking for decent excuses to float the guadalupe, a road trip seems good enough to me.

Maybe we can shoot for a LastXCKopp meet'n'eat or something along those lines.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts