Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yea... huge. Did you also notice that the battery cannot be replaced in them. After a "5 year" expected life, you get to buy a new key for about 200.00. Thinking of using the key by itself instead of the remote, the owners manual says the alarm will go off until your key is inserted into the ignition and turned on. I don't mind they key though. Doubt I lose it. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
jdc916 said:
5 year battery life that you cant change ! ? And then $ 200 for a new key ?? !! C'mon Pontiac get real !
Uh, yea..that blows. We'll probably get about 2 years out of the battery if we are lucky. Get those dremel tools ready to cut the casing open....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nice good mod!!! Not to mention w these keys that sometimes the buttons dont react when pushing them sometimes I have to hit the unlock button 3-4 time b4 it works. Also the range stinks too U have to be rather close to the car for it to react. I have never had keyless entry where the range was so so low...oh well hopefully this will be a kink they work out for the next gen.

·
Registered
50 Posts
BLACKTHUNDERGTO said:
Nice good mod!!! Not to mention w these keys that sometimes the buttons dont react when pushing them sometimes I have to hit the unlock button 3-4 time b4 it works. Also the range stinks too U have to be rather close to the car for it to react. I have never had keyless entry where the range was so so low...oh well hopefully this will be a kink they work out for the next gen.

I thought I just had a bad key because the range on mine sucks to!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.