Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search in case this question has been asked but how do we remove the chrome trim that is below the rear window on my 1964 GTO convertible?

We removed the side trim but this trim has a deeper lip and we are afraid to destroy it removing it. Does it have the same clips that the side trim does?

·
Registered
70 Posts
IIRC, take a wide putty knife and slide under the trim from the trunk side. Start from one side and gently tap it. It should slide back a little. Keep going all the way across, then come back to the other side. It should slide on off. There are some funky clips in there, but they should come off as you go. This is from memory of 25 years ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IIRC, take a wide putty knife and slide under the trim from the trunk side. Start from one side and gently tap it. It should slide back a little. Keep going all the way across, then come back to the other side. It should slide on off. There are some funky clips in there, but they should come off as you go. This is from memory of 25 years ago.
Thank you. We will try this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jerry H. I want to thank you!! We tried so many tactics to remove that trim, but yours did the trick!!! It took a little finesse but it came off undamaged!! Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts