Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do ya stop the wheel hop?

I took my 04 gto out to the Orlando Speed World drag strip tonight an ran a couple of 13.6's.Thats with the predadator cpu tunner I'm sure the car will do better but the rear end wants to hop so bad on the launch I have to keep lettin up off the gas to stop the rear end from hoppin. I think if I could stop the rear end from hoppin or atleast stop it some so I can launch it harder I could improve my 60 ft time for a better 1/4 mile time. Does anyone have a solution?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't think I have much of a solution really, I was just going to mention it seems that a lot of people are having the same problems out of the hole. I wonder what tire pressures, or even diferent tires will do.

·
Registered
267 Posts
the only thing i found is frame connectors, they make a kit for the cts v, but nothing for the gto..yet.

·
Registered
590 Posts
sticky mickeys :D if you're gonna run street tires drop pressure a bit, experiment with that you should get some more bite.

·
Registered
70 Posts
BMR makes SFC.

As for the wheel hop, I had it also. Ran 13.6 with tons of hop. You need to bring the rpm up when staging. Let the clutch out fast but don't dump it. No more hop. Went from 2.1 to 1.9 and ET dropped to 13.2. Both the 13.6 and 13.2 times are with a Speed Inc CAI as the only mod. Once I figured out how to launch the times just got better as the day got hotter :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Did you guys see the uretane bushing kit for the rear sway bar (www.gravanatuningcom.) the manufacter claims they should help minamize wheel hop under ecceleration. I also herd that a beeffier sway bar would help. so I don't know? Maybe I'll try the bushings and if that helps I'll start leanin tords a bigger sway bar, and some sub frame connecters later on down the road. along with a little practice I geuss.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts