Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
I don't have any photos for you, but if you're at all concerned that the blue might be overwhelming, it's not. There's still enough black inside the car that you don't feel like you're drowning in blueberry syrup.

I test drove a blue-on-black '05 in March and nearly bought it, but I waited until my dealer could round up a blue-on-blue car for me. No regrets. I also think it's kinda special that Impulse Blue with blue leather is so exclusive. Red leather (the only other non-black color) can be had with a black, silver or red car, but blue comes only with Impulse Blue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like it. I was tired of always having either a black, charcoal or tan interior like every other car on the road. Besides, if you think the blue is over the top all you have to do is look at the yellow interior on one of the Monaros and then the blue looks very nice :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
GTODEALER said:
IMHO (not trying to piss anyone off.. :) ) it looks like a smurf exploded inside the car. I don't think I could drive a car with that color interior...... :cheers

:agree , I thought that the seats looked way to ackward for the car. They don't match the paint and actually contrast with it. I wanted to get blue at first until I saw the seats. That's why I stayed with black. I think the red/red combination is the same way. Why do they put off color seats in a car that is suppose to match? Still want to find a set of the blue suade inserts though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GM Kid said:
I don't have any photos for you, but if you're at all concerned that the blue might be overwhelming, it's not. There's still enough black inside the car that you don't feel like you're drowning in blueberry syrup.
That's exactly what I was concerned about... I will have to head out to a dealership and check one out for myself, because as the pictures I saw it didn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Country Boy said:
it didn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would.
I really think you'll like it, Country Boy. When I told people I'd bought a car with blue leather, I got nothing but raised eyebrows. But when those same people saw it, without exception they really thought it looked sharp. There's still tons of black plastic, headliner and carpet to offset the seats.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The people on this list all picked a color combo they liked. So if I were you I wouldn't pay attention to what us owners think, but what we are telling you everyone else thinks that sees our cars. No doubt that most all are impressed with the 6.0 liter engine, but men, women, children, old ladies, guys on Harleys, everyone all LOVE the blue seats. It makes the car.

Me? I'd take red or blue. I like 'em the same. But I live is SW Florida, and those darks seats aren't for me. It is sooo hot here. Hey, I wish the steering wheel and dash weren't so dark! Hot!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I personally love the blue interior, and the fact that it's the rarest combo of an already rare car. I was all set to get one, until my wife glared at me and said the color was the exact same color as my EX wifes A4. :rolleyes: ....so I opted for a black with red leather instead. Guess I'll just have to suffer..... :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.