Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I went to the Chicago area GTO club meeting Saturday. One of at least 3 2004 owners there (YAY!) almost 30 classic GTOs. I did have to leave right after the meeting finished, so I was the first one out of the parking lot - and right there in front of everyone I "launched" it... but nothing happened other than a smooth, safe take off. "Well that sucked!" so I backed up (MUCH to the protest of my wife, and tried again. EVEN WORSE.

HOW EMBARASSING - I forgot to take the DAMN traction control off!!! It very nicely did its job to prevent wheel spin by applying the brakes for me. What a dork!!!

Has anybody seen a mod to reverse the way it works - so its OFF when the car first turns on and I have to manually put it on?

---Larry

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At least I did hear that the other 04's that were there did remember to turn the TCS off and looked much better. Whew!

---Larry

·
Registered
53 Posts
You are just going to have to keep turning it off. It is wired that way for safety... so you won't forget to turn it on. You got all kinds of highway saftey organzations and federal laws that are in place for how stuff like that works. The only way it's gonna get reversed, is you find a way to do it.

Burn outs at the GTO club... Tssk Tssk Tssk. These guys that have been GTO guys since the 60's are gonna have a hard time respecting the new introduction. Show it... only if you got it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
LarryM said:
Okay, so I went to the Chicago area GTO club meeting Saturday. One of at least 3 2004 owners there (YAY!) almost 30 classic GTOs. I did have to leave right after the meeting finished, so I was the first one out of the parking lot - and right there in front of everyone I "launched" it... but nothing happened other than a smooth, safe take off. "Well that sucked!" so I backed up (MUCH to the protest of my wife, and tried again. EVEN WORSE.

HOW EMBARASSING - I forgot to take the DAMN traction control off!!! It very nicely did its job to prevent wheel spin by applying the brakes for me. What a dork!!!

Has anybody seen a mod to reverse the way it works - so its OFF when the car first turns on and I have to manually put it on?

---Larry
mods? what happens when it's snowy and slick and you FORGET to turn it ON?

·
Registered
47 Posts
what happens when you forget to turn it back on????? ---- you drive like everybody has for the last 40 years, gently when it's slick. I personally think the traction control sucks.

·
Registered
590 Posts
On the SS, this is ASR - acceleration slip reduction, and there is a "kit" to reverse the "always on" to "always off"

If you have time, search www.chirpthird.com

If I get time, I'll try

Anyone who claims "it never happened to me is a liar" :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Larry, I feel your pain on the tcs im a victim myself. I to am in the chicago area though and would like to know a little more about the GTO club. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BILLYGOAT said:
Larry, I feel your pain on the tcs im a victim myself. I to am in the chicago area though and would like to know a little more about the GTO club. :)
Billygoat - sorry I don't knw why I didn't see this till now...

The Chicagoland GTO club meets once a month on the 3rd Saturday of the month at Mr Beef & Pizza, 1796 Elmhurst Road, Mt Prospect, IL

Come on out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts