Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How fast have you been??

This may inculded track times,highway straights or what ever else.

If you got pic,vids,etc post them!!

This information will not be used to convict you in any way.:lol:

How fast have you been

0-79 (That is so wrong)

80-129 (Better but you got 400HP)

130-169 (I'am glad to see you putting 400 hp to use!)

170-250 (keep it on the track!! Offical Rice Killer)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Most every day back and forth to work, I do a nice roll-up in 5th to 100 or so depending on traffic. I drive hard and fast when it is safe and I know I won't scare the shiznit out of people.

Since you asked and my comments on another thread are better suited here, I'll just re-post them:

"This weekend? Let's just say I didn't look at the MPG reading as much as the tach :rofl: This morning, I rode faster than I've ever been in a vehicle. It was the same stretch of rode where my father held the record to date...on Rt. 3 south of Chester, IL in the Mississippi River bottoms between Cora City and the Murpheysboro cut-off, Dad opened up his Buick Wildcat 455. While childhood memories can be a bit skewed, I'm pretty darn sure the spedo topped out at 135, and the needle was pegged. I think I would have beaten my dad today. There wasn't a critter, car, or cop for as far as you could see. I opened her up and stopped at 145...I don't want to know what the extra 20 MPH feels like unless I'm on a track, and besides, if I blow past a Honda at 150, the low pressure I'm generating may just suck them into spin :rofl: "

I love my GTO... :cheers

Gerry

·
Registered
255 Posts
Don't know how accurate the speedo is but the digital speedo said 156. I thought I was gonna mess my drawers though, so it was time to slow down. I like going fast at the track better. 12.1 @ 120.4...

·
Registered
186 Posts
145 in a 2.0L Saab Turbo... Coming out of Monarch Pass in Colorado. Not a soul in sight for miles.

In the GTO, no roads straight nor long enough, nor traffic free enough, nor state trooper free enough here in Virginia to get much above 90 without getting your license yanked real fast...

Jim Miller

·
Registered
388 Posts
goatfarmer said:
The GTO handles remarkably well at 120 and just starts to fell a little too light at 140...thats the extent I've been so far. But thats also a stock A4 on the interstate. Oneday I would like to go that fast in 1/4!!!
:agree My run was dead calm first thing in the AM with no traffic visible for as far as I could see. It doesn't take too long to climb up to 145 and back down though :rofl: I can't imagine doing that with exhasust mods :cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
GTJimbO said:
In the GTO, no roads straight nor long enough, nor traffic free enough, nor state trooper free enough here in Virginia to get much above 90 without getting your license yanked real fast...

Jim Miller
Funny you should mention that...

I was running on I95 north tonight out of Richmond and got to 105mph for a spell.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Took her to 151 mph one time on a deserted, long, straight stretch of highway (not that hard to find here in the desert southwest). Kept it there for a few minutes. Much smoother and more controlled than my 98 Trans Am at 140ish. It got squirrelly at about 135, but the GTO was smooth and still felt remarkably solid! Not sure where the speed limiter is, but I have to find it one day!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.