Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried posting this question on the technical side of the house. I need help with finding out how high above the ground is the highest point on the hood of both a 1969 GTO and 1969 LeMans. Anyone have one sitting in their garage and have a tape measure? Thanks

Hi guys/gals,
New to World of GTO's and LeMans. My dear friend recently passed away and left me his pair of Pontiacs. A '69 GTO and '69 LeMans Convertible. Being a Mustang fan, I know little if anything about Pontiacs. I have to sell his home, which has also been the home of these cars for many years. I've had to find a place to store them until I either finish the restoration on them or decide to find a new home for them. Since the storage space is limited, I am going to have to park the front of the cars under a shelve that is 4 feet deep. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near the cars at this time and need to prepare for receiving them. So, if any of you guys/gals have a '69 GTO or LeMans sitting near by can you tell me what the height above the ground the hood is at it's highest point going back 4 feet from the front of the cars.

In advance, thank you and much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,754 Posts
Well, there's going to be a TON of variance from one car to the next just from the condition of the springs, has it been modified/lowered, varying tire size, tire pressure, etc.

I just measured my '69 at the point you requested, and it's about 39" above grade level there.

Bear

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I won't see the cars again until the end of the month, so you've given me something to work with. The LeMans is original owner and the GTO is stock(pretty much as it was when my buddy bought it in the mid 70's). Your info gives me something to work with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts