Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am a newbie and barely scraping the 100 mile mark in my new goat. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how this vehicle handles in the rain. I live in South Florida and with the summer months around the corner I will be driving this baby in monsoon rain storms. Owning camaros all of my life that was a scary thing driving them in the rain I have feeling this thing will do well because of its weight and traction control.

·
Registered
58 Posts
lotaguts said:
Since I am a newbie and barely scraping the 100 mile mark in my new goat. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how this vehicle handles in the rain. I live in South Florida and with the summer months around the corner I will be driving this baby in monsoon rain storms. Owning camaros all of my life that was a scary thing driving them in the rain I have feeling this thing will do well because of its weight and traction control.

i live in central florida so i no how you feel. i have also owned alot of f bodys and this thing handles way better than any of my f bodys ever did in the rain. i have had to hit the brakes pretty hard on wet roads and the abs didn't even kick in. i have the 18 inch tires so i don't know if that helps or hurts.

·
Registered
103 Posts
start off in 2nd, it will cut down on tire spin....take it easy turning from a stop. Other than that, these cars seem to handle great, considering....

Jkae

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
stangeater said:
i live in central florida so i no how you feel. i have also owned alot of f bodys and this thing handles way better than any of my f bodys ever did in the rain. i have had to hit the brakes pretty hard on wet roads and the abs didn't even kick in. i have the 18 inch tires so i don't know if that helps or hurts.
I comletely agree. If you are going straight then it will slide straight if you over throttle. Corners are very stable if the rear slides out from under. Slight alignment corrections and a feather of throttle and you are off again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.